Sunday, April 8, 2007

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools

I chose to investigate LastFM. I remember stumbling upon this site a few months ago. It looked good then, but I think I was too busy to keep at it. Being a music freak, I think I will stick with it this time! The idea is pretty simple: create an account and download the LastFM software which will then track what music I play in my media player. The technical term for this is “scrobbling.” Soon, I will have a playlist built up which others will be able to see.

There’s a lot of cool features in LastFM, like tagging songs, joining groups, and looking at weekly scrobbling charts (what songs LastFMers are playing the most). I think LastFM will start to get really exciting when my playlist is built up! Apparently this takes a little while. When I do have a playlist, people with a similar taste in music will be added as my neighbors! Rock on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try LastFM myself at some point.

Cheers. :) You're caught up to week #8. :)

- Kel