Monday, March 26, 2007

Thoughts on Week 5: Tagging, Social Bookmarking & Folksonomies


Activity 1:

Searched del.icio.us for the term "blogosphere".

Related del.icio.us tags: blogs blog blogging blogosphere web2.0 news technorati search media rss

Results: 12601

The tags were useful. I clicked on a few of the links in del.icio.us which led to relevant posts about the blogosphere. Like this one, for example. I did find my search in del.icio.us to be slow loading. I tried it on two computers.

A search on Google for blogosphere returned nearly 20 million hits. A few of the results on the first page looked promising, but obviously this amount of hits is too large if one is looking for specific info about the blogosphere. This is where the del.icio.us tags come in handy.


Activity 2:

I have been playing around with Del.icio.us tags on a computer at work. It's a really easy way to tag and bookmark things. That said, I find the del.icio.us button annoying and hard to get rid of one you install it. I prefer Google for bookmarking anyway, so I think I'll pass on using this 2.0 for now!

Activity 3:

Flickr's fun. Check out this cool picture I found browsing the Flickr tag "cat":

"Lookout."

Activity 4:

See number 2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always ensure you choose a method that is proven to remove skin tags without causing adverse effects and scarring.
In order to reassure yourself that your moles are safe from cancer, you would have to reinforces your observation by a doctor's diagnosis. Extended hair can cause your physique pimples to get worse if you do not wash it typically, and make confident that it is genuinely cleanse.